So you finally purchased your favorite JBL earbuds that you have been trying to get for a long time?
Don’t tell me you’re waiting for the earbuds to start working miraculously without any effort!
If that’s what you’re thinking, let me burst your bubble. These earbuds won’t connect to your device automatically; you’ll need to go through the pairing process.
Now, this is something that you didn’t think about, and you’re feeling in a bit of a bind because you don’t know how to pair JBL earbuds to the device. So, what to do now?
Even if you believe in magic, the whiff of a magic wand won’t solve your issue. So, continue reading for ten minutes to inform yourself how to pair JBL earbuds with an audio source.
Let’s get started!
Pairing JBL earbuds to iPhone and iPad
This one is for you if you want to connect your JBL earbuds with iPhone or iPad.
Relax, you won’t need any superhero assistance for this!
The steps are so simple that you can do it even with your eyes closed. So, let’s look at the steps to pair JBL earbuds with iPhone or iPad!
1. Turn on the Earbuds:
If you’re using the earbuds for the first time, you might want to know how to turn them on! They won’t turn on magically or with voice commands. So, here’s how you can do it.
- Charge your JBL earbuds before turning them on.
- Next, open the earbuds’ case and remove them. It will turn them on and put them in pairing mode if they aren’t paired with a device already.
- You can also turn them on manually by pressing the Power button on the back of the earbuds. Press and hold the button for a few seconds to Turn on the earbuds manually if they are not turning on automatically after being removed from the case.
2. Enable Bluetooth:
After successfully turning on the earbuds and putting them in pairing mode, it’s time to pair them with your iPhone or iPad. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open your iPhone/iPad and go to the device Settings.
- Now, navigate the settings and search for Bluetooth.
- Enable Bluetooth.
The next step is to pair the JBL earbuds with the iPhone/iPad; here’s how you can do it.
- Once you turn on your iPhone or iPad Bluetooth, tap on it.
- Now, wait until it detects your JBL earbuds as a nearby device. You may look for your device’s name in the list of available devices.
- Tap on the name of your JBL earbuds once they are detected.
- The connection may require a password, so try putting 0000 in the password. If this doesn’t work, you may look in the user manual for the correct password.
Now, wait until you hear a notification or voice prompt indicating that the earbuds are connected. you’re ready to get your dancing shoes ready and play the music of your choice.
Pairing JBL earbuds to an Android phone
Okay, you’re an Android user! I have heard your cry for help. You don’t need to call Tinker Bell from Neverland to help pair JBL earbuds with your Android device. Here are the simple steps to do it.
1. Turn on the earbuds:
First, turn on the earbuds. They won’t work if they’re off, and they certainly don’t have supernatural powers. Here’s how you can do it.
- Ensure that your JBL earbuds are sufficiently charged.
- Next, open the case of the earbuds and take out one of the earbuds. It’ll automatically turn them on.
2. Put the Earbuds in pairing mode:
Now, this doesn’t need an extra hand; you can do it as follows:
- As your earbuds are turned on, remove one or both from the case.
- The Blue light on the back of the earbuds will start flashing, which means that the earbuds are already turned on and in pairing mode.
- If the Bluetooth pairing doesn’t start automatically, you can press the button on the back side of the earbud for a few seconds and wait until the light starts blinking, which shows that the earbuds are now in pairing mode.
3. Enable Bluetooth on your Android Device:
After putting your earbuds in pairing mode, your next step should be enabling Bluetooth on your Android device.
- Go to your device Settings and search for Bluetooth.
- Enable Bluetooth and tap on it to check the nearby available devices.
4. Connect your earbuds:
Finally, as you enable Bluetooth, let it search for nearby devices. Look for your earbuds’ names in the list.
Tap on it and wait for a few seconds until it says “Connected.” It means that you have successfully connected your earbuds to the Android device.
Did you know that you could do a fast pairing of your earbuds with your Android device?
If you didn’t know it earlier, now is the time. However, this pairing method will work for Android 6.0 or the latest devices.
- All you need to do is unlock the screen and turn on Google Play Service and location services.
- Ensure that your earbuds are sufficiently charged.
- Keep the mobile phone closer to the earbuds and wait for a few seconds until you see a pop-up to pair the two devices.
- Tap on it and wait until you hear “Connected.”
Pairing JBL earbuds to Windows PC
This is the door to your salvation if you’re seeking ways to connect your JBL earbuds to a Windows PC. The steps are so easy that even your grandma can do; let’s get into it.
- Before you jump into the pairing, make sure that the version of Windows that you’re using is compatible with the model of JBL earbuds that you have. It’s best to have the latest version of Windows installed for optimal connection results.
- Next, Turn on your JBL earbuds, and take out one earbud to put it into pairing mode.
- Open Windows Settings and navigate the menu to locate the Devices option from the menu.
- Click on “Devices,” find Bluetooth, and Toggle on the Bluetooth button.
- You’ll see an “Add Bluetooth or other devices” option from the list; click on that.
- Select “Bluetooth” from the list you see on the screen. It will allow your PC to search for nearby devices.
- Finally, look for your earbud name in the list of available devices and click on it for pairing.
- Wait for a few seconds until you hear the “BT Connected” notification from your JBL earbuds.
- Sometimes, you might as well have to download software on your PC, depending on the version of the JBL earbuds you’re using.
Pairing JBL earbuds to Macbook
So you have a Macbook and want to connect the newly bought JBL earbuds to it for listening to the video lessons.
Don’t worry; it’s not like you’ll have to discover and read some laws of physics to pair the earbuds with the Macbook. Here are the simple steps to help you pair the earbuds with your device.
- Turn on the earbuds by opening the case and taking out one earbud from the case.
- Wait until the blue light on the earbud starts blinking; it shows the earbuds are in pairing mode. However, suppose your earbuds refuse to enter the pairing mode automatically. In that case, you may do it manually by pressing the button at the back side of the earbuds for about 5 seconds.
- Now, look for the Bluetooth button on the Menu bar and Turn it on.
- Press the Plus + sign in the menu on the screen and allow the Macbook to search for available Bluetooth devices.
- Choose the name of your earbuds from the list and click on it. Wait until you hear “BT Connected” from your earbuds.
Pairing with TV
Okay, I understand! You got the new pair of JBL earbuds, and now you want to connect it with almost all the devices available at your home, including the TV.
So, if you’re experimenting and seeking ways to connect JBL earbuds with your TV, here are the simple steps to do so.
- Turn on your JBL earbuds by opening the case and taking them out of the case.
- Taking the earbuds out of the case would automatically put them in pairing mode; you should see the blue light blinking on the back of the earbuds.
- If the earbuds don’t get into pairing mode automatically, you should press the button at the backside of the earbuds for about 5 seconds to put them in pairing mode.
- Now, go to your TV settings. The steps to access the settings may vary depending on your TV’s brand and model.
- In Settings, navigate to find the Bluetooth Option and turn it on.
- Allow your TV to search for nearby devices.
- Look for your earbud’s name in the list of available devices and select it for pairing.
- Enter 0000 if you’re prompted to put in a password. If this doesn’t work, you may explore the user manual to find the correct password for the pairing.
- Wait until you hear “BT Connected” from your earbuds.
Disconnecting JBL Earbuds from the Audio source.
Let’s say you connected your earbuds to your phone, but now you have to connect them to the Macbook for the rest of the day. This is where you might feel lost because you don’t know how to disconnect your JBL earbuds from your phone or other audio sources.
Startled now, are you?
Hold your horses and gather your courage, as it’s not something that you’ll have to call a technician for!
Here are the steps to disconnect your JBL earbuds from any audio source.
- Stop the audio playback from the connected device.
- Disable Bluetooth on your audio source; you can do this from Settings, search for Bluetooth and Turn it off.
- Some devices may also offer a disconnect option; however, if there isn’t any option, press hold down the button on the back of the earbuds for about 5 seconds.
- It should unpair the earbuds from the current audio source.
- Now, go to the audio source, and from Bluetooth, forget the connection.
How to Activate Dual Source Switching on JBL Earbuds?
So, you’re playing games on your PC, and your earbud is currently connected to the PC, but at the same time, you receive calls from your parents. Now, here you might be wishing to find a way to automatically connect your earbuds to the mobile for receiving calls.
Well, it might be your lucky day! Cause there’s a way to do so!
You can do this by activating Dual Source Switching on your JBL earbuds.
Dual Source switching will allow you to connect your earbuds to your mobile as soon as you receive a call, no matter where your earbuds are connected.
Isn’t it magical?
Here is how you can do it!
- Ensure that your JBL earbuds are connected to your mobile phone through Bluetooth.
- Pair the earbuds with your mobile by following the steps mentioned above, depending on your operating system.
- Now, to pair it with another device, like a PC or laptop, turn on the Bluetooth on the device and tap on the name of your earbuds from the list of nearby devices.
- Tap on the name of the earbuds to pair it with your PC or laptop.
- Wait for a few seconds until the status shows Connected for the earbuds.
- Now, you have successfully paired the two devices with your earbuds simultaneously. You can enjoy the game time, and as soon as you receive a call, the music will be paused, and you can double-tap or touch the area on the back of either earbud to attend or hang up the call.
Isn’t it amazing!
Trouble Pairing JBL Earbuds with the audio source?
Okay, so you’re having a tough day as the earbuds refuse to connect to any audio source, no matter how hard you try.
So, now you might be sitting and wondering if there was any way you could solve all these problems with the snapping of your fingers, but that’s not happening. However, if you really want to fix the problem and connect your JBL earbuds with the audio source, here are some tips for you to troubleshoot the problem.
Check Bluetooth Connectivity
We’re all human, and mistakes happen.
So, check if you turned on the Bluetooth connection on the audio source and paired the earbuds properly. You may also try disconnecting all the other Bluetooth connections with the earbuds or turning off other Bluetooth devices in the surroundings, as the interference from other devices might be hauling the connection.
Restart Earbuds and Device
If your JBL earbuds are stubborn and not connecting to the audio source, you may try the universal method of fixing all the problems, i.e., restarting the earbuds.
Here’s how you can restart your JBL earbuds to resolve the problem.
- Locate the Power or Multifunction buttons on the back of your earbuds.
- Press and hold the button until the earbuds turn off.
- Once they are turned off, put them back in the case, and ensure they are not connected to any audio source.
- Now, turn them back on by taking them out of the case, or manually pressing and holding the power button for a few seconds
Check the Charging
Another reason why your JBL earbuds might refuse to pair with the audio source could be low battery level. So, it’s best to check the battery level of your earbuds, displayed on the LED display of the earbuds’ case.
If the battery is low, connect the charger to the case and plug it into the power outlet to start charging.
Once the earbuds are sufficiently charged, pair them with the audio source.
Check the charger/charging cable
If your JBL earbuds aren’t connecting to the audio source because of critically low charging, although you connected it to the power outlet using the charger, the problem might be with the charger or the charging cable.
Check the cable and adapter for damages, and try replacing the charger or charging cable to get the earbuds to work.
Factory Reset JBL earbuds
If your JBL earbuds refuse to connect to the audio source after all these attempts, it’s time to reset your JBL earbuds. It’ll resolve all the issues; here’s how you can do it.
- Turn off the earbuds by pressing the button on the back of the earbuds.
- Place the earbuds back in the case and make sure they are disconnected from any other device.
- Locate the reset button on the charging case or earbuds; it’s typically very small and may require a small pin to press.
- Press and hold the button for a few seconds. Wait till the LED indicators on the charging case or earbuds start flashing or change color.
- The LED indicators on the earbuds will stop flashing or the earbuds will emit an audible prompt, indicating a successful reset.
- You can also reset your earbuds from your phone
- Install the JBL headphones app on your phone from Play Store or App Store.
- Make sure that the earbuds are connected to the mobile through Bluetooth connection.
- Next, open the app and connect your earbuds to the app from the Add Device button.
- Once connected, tap on the name of your earbuds on the screen and click on settings.
- In Settings, there’s an option “Reset” or “Factory Reset.” Tap on it, and wait for the reset to complete.
Let the Fun Begin!
If you have reached so far, you must have understood that only bringing new earbuds home isn’t enough. There’s so much more that you have to do for it.
Just as you would set up a terrarium before bringing home a pet, you also need to set up your earbuds with your devices. It’s not telekinetic to automatically connect to an audio source.
For every device that you want to connect it with, you’ll have to follow different steps. So, if you have skipped the text above, there is a high chance that you missed on the steps about how to pair JBL earbuds with your required device. So, go back and follow the text religiously to get the fun started.
Skullcandy Earbuds Left Not Working: [Solved – ALL Models]How to Reset JBL Earbuds: Your Step-by-Step GuideBest Smartwatch With Earbuds: Top Picks for Music LoversZIUTY Wireless Earbuds Review: Are they worth buying?